What is Included?
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Transportation on all days of the tour.
- All meals during the tour.
- All Permits and entry fees.
What is not Included?
- Cost of onward/return travel to the tour start destination.
- Additional food or beverages ordered;
- In addition to the above, please budget for expenses towards procuring the necessary clothing and outdoor gear appropriate for this tour. We will help you with the list of items that you need to carry on this tour.
- We will be camping in tents during the trip.
Day 1 : Manali to Marhi (35km)
We leave Manali early in the day to avoid the sun. We will start our cycling trip along the left bank of the Beas river thus avoiding the traffic on the main highway. The road is a bit bumpy though. After about 10km we will join the main Manali Leh highway at Palchan. From here we will steadily climb towards Gulaba and then a series of spectacular hair pin bends take us to Marhi. The whole trip should take about 6 hours of easy cycling. We will spend the night in tents at Marhi.
Day 2 : Marhi to Rothang Pass (18) and back to Manali
Today will we continue the acclimatisation process by visiting a few monasteries not faraway from Leh. Expect to see a lush green valleys amid the stark desert landscape of Ladakh. This is just a glimpse of more beautiful things to come.
Before start of Tour
- Your booking amount will be 100% refunded if we cancel the tour due to some unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
- Any requests for postponing the tour dates or moving your spot to a different batch (if available) will be entertained solely at our discretion.
- It is possible that the tour can not begin if the flights are cancelled or roads blocked during landslides. Please note that we have no control over such situations. In such an event, we will return a part of your booking fees after retaining the expenses we incur in preparation of the tour.
After start of Tour
- Please note that the itinerary provided is subject to favourable weather and road conditions. In case of bad weather and inaccessibility to a destination after the tour begins, we will do our best to make alternate plans. The cost of the tour or any part of it will not be refunded in the event of unfavourable conditions anytime during the tour days, after the tour begins.
- No refunds will be made if a participant is unable to complete the tour owing to medical conditions or any other reasons, after starting the tour.
We believe that most people in reasonable health should have no issues attending this event. We travel to most places in vehicles and the walking to get to the final shoot location does not require any strenuous hiking.