Note : This is a sample entry created to showcase how event bookings can be made using Kettik. Please do not many any payments as the event itself will not take place.
Ladakh, the land of the high passes is a photographers delight. Its wide open spaces, contrasting landscapes and layered mountains make for a very picturesque setting where it is almost impossible to take a bad picture.
In this photography workshop, we introduce you to the various picturesque regions of Ladakh and teach you the nuances of photographing such landscapes. We show you the tricks and techniques necessary to make your photos stand out from the rest of the pack.
What is Included?
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Transportation on all days of the tour.
- All meals during the tour.
- All Permits and entry fees.
What is not Included?
- Cost of onward/return travel to the tour start destination.
- Additional food or beverages ordered;
- In addition to the above, please budget for expenses towards procuring the necessary clothing and outdoor gear appropriate for this tour. We will help you with the list of items that you need to carry on this tour.
- Accommodation will be in hotels on the days we are staying in town.
- We will be camping in tents during the trek.
Day 1 : Reach Ladakh and Acclimitize
We will arrive by the morning flight and will be whisked away quickly to the warmth and comfort of our hotel rooms. This is a day to take it easy and acclimatise ourselves to the rarified atmosphere of Ladakh.
An evening visit to the Shanti Stupa memorial above Leh will help you better understand the beauty of this land of the high passes.
This is also the day when your tour leader will familiarise you with the locations for the tour and share some tips on photographing the beautiful landscapes of Ladakh.
Day 2 : Visit Monasteries
Today will we continue the acclimatisation process by visiting a few monasteries not faraway from Leh. Expect to see a lush green valleys amid the stark desert landscape of Ladakh. This is just a glimpse of more beautiful things to come.
Day 3 : Drive to Pangong Lake
We leave Leh in the morning hours and start the journey towards the frozen Pangong Lake. On the way we will cross the mighty Chang La pass with great views of the Stok range of mountains. After Changla we will get a glimpse of the mighty Karakoram mountains and proceed towards Pangong Tso.
Finally, we reach our destination.. The frozen Pangong Tso with blue skies above and a frozen white landscape below, it is a sight you are not likely to forget anytime soon.
Day 4: Photo shoot around Pangong LakeToday we take you to different spots along the shores of the Pangong lake. Spots where the hordes of tourists normally do not go and from where you can savour the spectacular videos of the lake and of the people who live on its shores.
Day 5: Drive to Tsomoriri Lake
Today is a special day.. We drive along the shores of the Pangong lake to the village of Chushul and from there we rejoin the Indus river and follow its path to the Tsomoriri lake.
Ringed by high mountains, Tsomoriri is probably one of the most spectacular places on this earth. It has a lone village on its shores, the Korzok village. We will be spending the night here in a homestay.
Not Rated Yet!
Before start of Tour
- Your booking amount will be 100% refunded if we cancel the tour due to some unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
- Any requests for postponing the tour dates or moving your spot to a different batch (if available) will be entertained solely at our discretion.
- It is possible that the tour can not begin if the flights are cancelled or roads blocked during landslides. Please note that we have no control over such situations. In such an event, we will return a part of your booking fees after retaining the expenses we incur in preparation of the tour.
After start of Tour
- Please note that the itinerary provided is subject to favourable weather and road conditions. In case of bad weather and inaccessibility to a destination after the tour begins, we will do our best to make alternate plans. The cost of the tour or any part of it will not be refunded in the event of unfavourable conditions anytime during the tour days, after the tour begins.
- No refunds will be made if a participant is unable to complete the tour owing to medical conditions or any other reasons, after starting the tour.
We believe that most people in reasonable health should have no issues attending this event. We travel to most places in vehicles and the walking to get to the final shoot location does not require any strenuous hiking.