Note : This is a Demo activity to showcase the activity booking feature on Kettik. Please do not make the booking as the activity will not take place.
What is Included?
- Accommodation in tents on a twin sharing basis.
- Transportation on all days of the tour.
- All meals during the tour.
- All Permits and entry fees.
What is not Included?
- Cost of onward/return travel to the tour start destination.
- Additional food or beverages ordered;
- In addition to the above, please budget for expenses towards procuring the necessary clothing and outdoor gear appropriate for this tour. We will help you with the list of items that you need to carry on this tour.
- Accommodation will be in hotels on the days we are staying in town.
- We will be camping in tents during the trek.
Day 1: Korzok to Kiangdom
We leave Korzok early in the day and walk along the Tsomoriri lake to reach the campsite of Kiangdom. The walk is mostly flat, with a few hills along the way. The total distance covered today will be about 24km and it will take you between 6 to 8 hours to complete the walk.
Day 2 : Kiangdom to Norbu Sumdo
Leaving Kiangdom we walk south towards the Pare Chu river and the Norbu sumdo campsite. On the way we will come across the fresh water springs of Chumik Charte. It is a wonderful place to take a break and refill your water supplies. Also as you near Norbu Sumdo you will see a lot of marmots peeking up at you from their holes.
Day 3 : Norbu Sumdo to Pare chu camp
We will cross the river early in the morning when the water level is low. At the crossing point the river breaks up into several small streams, making it easy for us to cross the river. After crossing the river we walk along its left bank till we reach the campsite.
Day 4 : Pare Chu camp to Parang la Base camp
Leaving the Pare Chu camp we walk along the left bank of the river. We have to cross a few side streams along the way. Our final campsite is a green meadow on the other side of the Pare Chu river. Again here the pare chu branches off into many small stream and we have to cross them all. The crossings become difficult later in the day, so the earlier we attempt the crossing the better. After crossing the river we walk up the valley for some 3 kilometers before reaching our campsite just below the lip of the glacier.
Day 5: Parang La BC - Parang La - Thangltak
This will be a long day. We start climbing the lip of the glacier early in the day. A couple of hours of climbing will lead us to a relatively flat portion of the glacier. Here we walk along the left side of the glacier watching out for small streams and crevasses. Eventualyl after a steep climb we reach the top of the Parang La pass and spiti is on the other side. It is still a long way to our campsite. We descend the pass steeply and go down towards the Puri Lungpa stream. We cross a bridge to the other side and walk along the steam for a while. Finally there is one steep climb to reach the plateau above the canyon. Thangltak campsite.
Day 6 : Thangltak to Kibber
It is a relatively easy 9km walk to Kibber. From Thangltak we walk across the plateau and go down to the Pari Lungpa river. We cross the river on a bridge and then after a short and steep climb we will reach Kibber.
Not Rated Yet!
Before start of Tour
- Your booking amount will be 100% refunded if we cancel the tour due to some unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
- Any requests for postponing the tour dates or moving your spot to a different batch (if available) will be entertained solely at our discretion.
- It is possible that the tour can not begin if the flights are cancelled or roads blocked during landslides. Please note that we have no control over such situations. In such an event, we will return a part of your booking fees after retaining the expenses we incur in preparation of the tour.
After start of Tour
- Please note that the itinerary provided is subject to favourable weather and road conditions. In case of bad weather and inaccessibility to a destination after the tour begins, we will do our best to make alternate plans. The cost of the tour or any part of it will not be refunded in the event of unfavourable conditions anytime during the tour days, after the tour begins.
- No refunds will be made if a participant is unable to complete the tour owing to medical conditions or any other reasons, after starting the tour.
We believe that most people in reasonable health should have no issues attending this event. We travel to most places in vehicles and the walking to get to the final shoot location does not require any strenuous hiking.
They can be. But our trained team will assess the conditions and cross the river when the water level is at its lowest. In some extreme cases we may wait an extra day to make sure that the river is safe to cross.